Collier’s underwent several name changes after beginning in 1888, offering investigative “muckraking” journalism, short fiction, and serialized novels until it closed in 1957. This single issue is presented as part of the 1910 Collection, a group of 24 magazines published “on or about December 1910,” when, according to Virginia Woolf, “human character changed” and modernity became palpable.

Read More
Back to top

Back to Top